Terms & Conditions
Licensing Terms & Conditions
The terms for licensing infographics, data visualizations, interactives & the datasets.
1. How do I license work from Information is Beautiful?
Check the licensing & permissions guide. Some uses are free and don’t need permission.
If the piece you desire is not in the online store and your usage is commercial, please read the guidelines then contact us with the following information:
- A description about your organisation, including a link so we can learn more.
- Which aspect do you want? Static or interactive?
- Do you need amendments to the image? (Additional cost)
- Where you’re planning to use our work, including expected circulation.
- How long you intend to use it for
Once you agree to our terms & pay the license fee, you can download the image file.
2. Credits and intellectual property
The work is owned by Information is Beautiful. You must credit the work as follows:
Websites and social media:
Newspapers, magazines and books:
David McCandless, InformationIsBeautiful.net
3. Term and scope
You may use content in any way that is not restricted The rights granted to you by Information is Beautiful are:
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Information is Beautiful can license the same content to other customers.
- Limited to a specific format - If we license to you for use in social media you may not use the graphic in a book without returning to us for further permission.
- Limited to a specific term - For websites, blogs, social media, web, mobile and corporate presentations usually this is 18 months from purchase. For newspapers, magazines and books it is as agreed between us - usually for the print run of that publication.
4. Restricted Uses
- No unlawful or defamatory use.
- No reformatting / redistribution / reselling.
- No amendments or derivative works without express permission.
- No transferring / assigning / sublicensing the work.
*Should a license be revoked, the license fee will be fully refunded.